I. Position and functions of the Department of Transport
1. The Department of Transport is a specialized agency of the Provincial People's Committee, performing the function of advising and assisting the provincial People's Committee in the state management of: roads, inland waterways, urban railways. ; carriage; traffic Safety; management, operation, maintenance and maintenance of urban traffic infrastructure including: road bridge, overpass, pavement, street, median strip, road sign system, traffic control signal lights pedestrian tunnels, tunnels, road motorized tunnels, pedestrian bridges, bus stations, and parking lots in the locality.
2. The Department of Transport has the legal status, its own seal and account; subject to the direction and management of the organization, payroll and work of the provincial People's Committee; at the same time subject to the professional direction, guidance, inspection and examination of the Ministry of Transport.
II. Duties and powers Department of Transport
1. To submit to the Provincial People's Committee:
a) Draft decisions, directives, master plans, 5-year and annual plans, programs and projects on transportation; measures to organize the implementation of the transport administration reform under the assigned State management scope;
b) Draft documents specifying functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the Department;
c) Draft documents prescribing the conditions and criteria for titles for the heads and deputy heads of the units under the Department; participate with relevant agencies in drafting standards for the title of Head, Deputy Head of the Urban Management Division or the Economic and Infrastructure Division of the People's Committee of the district, town or city directly under the province. (hereinafter referred to as district-level People's Committees) within branches and domains under its management;
d) Transport investment projects under the deciding competence of the Provincial People's Committee.
2. To submit to the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee:
a) Draft decisions and specific directives under the promulgating competence of the Chairman of the provincial People's Committee on transportation;
b) Draft decision on establishment, reorganization, dissolution of organizations and units under the Department in accordance with the law; coordinating with the Department of Home Affairs to submit to the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee a draft decision on rating public service agencies and public services managed by the Department under the guidance of the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
3. Organize the implementation of legal documents, plannings, plans, programs, schemes, projects, standards and technical regulations in the transport field, approved by competent state agencies. the right to issue or approve; to communicate, propagate, popularize, educate and monitor the implementation of the law in the domains under its assigned state management scope.
4. Regarding traffic infrastructure:
a) Organize the implementation of duties and powers of investment decision-making bodies, investors for investment projects on construction of traffic infrastructure as decentralized by the province;
b) Organize the management, maintenance, and ensure standards and technical regulations on the network of road traffic works, urban railways and local inland waterways that are being exploited under the responsibility of the province or entrusted management;
c) Take measures to protect traffic safety corridors and traffic works in the area according to the provisions of law, the guidance of the Ministry of Transport and specialized state management agencies;
d) Submit to the President of the provincial People's Committee for decision: classification of inland waterways; announce inland waterways and channels according to its competence; decentralization to district-level People's Committees to grant permits to operate inland waterways and operate permits for cross-river passenger wharves in accordance with law. Approving the policy of building inland ports and ports; announcement of inland waterway ports; issue permits for inland waterway terminals according to its competence;
e) Take charge and cooperate with relevant agencies in advising and assisting the People's Committee of the province to decide on classification and adjustment of the system of provincial roads and other roads in accordance with the law and the Committee's decentralization. Provincial people;
f) Establish and manage the road signal system, local inland waterways and urban railways within the scope of management;
g) Give comments on projects on construction of works on local inland waterways and specialized routes connecting with local inland waterways according to regulations; to grant construction permits on currently exploited roads and inland waterways, managed by the local or entrusted by the Central;
h) Organize the implementation of duties and powers of state management at car terminals, parking lots, urban railway stations, roadside stations, ports and inland waterway terminals on roads and roads. Inland water is managed by the locality.
5. About vehicles and vehicle drivers
- Vehicles and equipment for loading and unloading, construction exclusively used in transportation (except for vehicles serving the purposes of defense, security and fishing vessels) and specialized transport technical equipment and equipment :
a) Organize the registration of inland waterways means; registration of license plates for special-use motorbikes of local organizations and individuals according to the provisions of law and the decentralization of the Ministry of Transport;
b) Organize the inspection of quality, technical safety and environmental protection of road traffic means and inland waterways according to the provisions of law and as decentralized by the Ministry of Transport;
c) Appraise technical design in repair and conversion of means of transport, vehicles, specialized loading and unloading equipment in road transport and inland waterways according to the provisions of law and decentralization of the Ministry of Transport;
d) Organize training, testing, issue, exchange, and revocation of licenses, certificates of professional ability, certificates of expertise, certificates of law study for the vehicle drivers and operators. operating vehicles and equipment exclusively used in transportation; certification of driving practice teachers, and licensing of driving practice cars of driver training institutions in the locality; issue or request competent authorities to grant and revoke licenses and manage driver training for driver training institutions in the area as prescribed by law and decentralized by the Ministry of Transport .
6. About transportation:
a) Take charge or cooperate with relevant agencies to implement public passenger transport development policies as prescribed by the Provincial People's Committee;
b) Organize the management of road transport, inland waterways and urban railways in the province according to regulations; to grant international transport permits, special circulation permits for road motor vehicles according to the provisions of law and as decentralized by the Ministry of Transport;
c) Guide, inspect the construction and publicize bus stations, taxi parking spots, passenger pick up and drop off points in the area according to the approved planning; managing passenger transport routes; organize the management of passenger transportation services in the locality;
d) Decide according to its competence to allow organizations and individuals to transport passengers on fixed roads and inland waterways according to regulations.
7. Regarding traffic safety:
a) Take charge or cooperate with relevant agencies in the search and rescue of roads, railways, inland waterways, maritime and aviation in the area as prescribed by law. laws and assignments of the Provincial People's Committee; coordinate in handling traffic accidents in the locality when required;
b) Organize the implementation of measures to prevent and minimize traffic accidents and traffic jams, prevent and handle violations of traffic works, encroachment on traffic safety corridors;
c) To be a standing agency of the Provincial Traffic Safety Board as assigned by the Provincial People's Committee;
d) To assess traffic safety according to the provisions of law and decentralization by the Minister of Transport;
e) Submit to the People's Committee of the province for promulgation of regulations on traffic organization on the road traffic network under the jurisdiction of the locality in accordance with the law.
8. Organize the implementation of the regulations on environmental protection in the transport under the State management scope of the Department according to the provisions of law.
9. To assist the provincial People's Committee in state management of enterprises, collective economic organizations, private economy; guide and inspect activities of associations and non-governmental organizations under the fields of management of the Department according to the provisions of law.
10. To provide professional guidance on transportation for the specialized agencies under the district-level People's Committees.
11. To guide and inspect the implementation of the autonomy and self-responsibility mechanism of the public non-business units under the management of the Department according to the decentralization of the provincial People's Committee and the provisions of law.
12. Implementation of international cooperation in the field of transport according to the provisions of law and as assigned or authorized by the Provincial People's Committee. Organizing research and application of scientific - technical and technological advances; building an information and storage system to serve the work of state management and professional expertise.
13. Inspecting, examining and handling violations of the law on road transport, inland waterways, urban railways and traffic works, and protection of traffic safety corridors ensure traffic order and safety within the scope of assigned tasks; settle complaints, denunciations, prevent and fight corruption according to the provisions of law and as assigned or authorized by the Provincial People's Committee.
14. Stipulate the functions, duties and powers of the Office, the Inspector, the professional and professional departments and the non-business units of the Department, in accordance with the functions, duties and powers of the Department in the direction of general guidance of the Ministry of Transport and the regulations of the Provincial People's Committee.
15. Organizational management, civil servant payroll, civil servant category structure, employment position, public employee structure according to professional titles and the number of people working in public non-business units; implement the salary regime and policies, preferential treatment, training, retraining, commendation and discipline for civil servants, public employees and employees under their management in accordance with the law and according to the assigned or authorized by the Provincial People's Committee.
16. Manage and take responsibility for finance, assets assigned in accordance with the law and as assigned or authorized by the Provincial People's Committee.
17. Carry out the work of information, periodical and irregular reports on the performance of assigned tasks with the Provincial People's Committee and the Ministry of Transport, the National Traffic Safety Committee.
18. Carry out legal work in accordance with Article 6 of the Government's Decree No. 55/2011 / ND-CP dated July 4, 2011 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the group. legal functions and relevant current legal regulations.